Monday, January 3, 2011

How lovely, sweet Adeline became their Queen. A story written by 10-year-old Ageliki.

Ageliki wrote the prelude to the story you'll find if you scroll down about River Fleet and Lovely, Sweet Adeline.
Knowing Adeline, I must admit that this story is very close to what really happened to her, how she became the Queen of the Vampires and came to dwell under River Fleet.




It was a very warm night and a man was walking alone.
10 minutes later he arrived at a square and he saw a girl; she was a young girl in the village square, all alone and she was shouting a single phrase" "asaka Tirana kila etoua"
The man went to her and asked her a question.
"What is your name?" Then the girl stopped.
"My name is Adeline"
"Can I ask you another question?"
"Yes" answered the little girl.
"Why are you shouting this phrase and why are you alone?"
"I am here alone because my parents died a year ago when I was 4 in this square. Their blood and flesh are here. I am saying this phrase when there is a full moon because then I can see my parents. But only on one night...only on one night.." she whispered.
For two minutes they were looking at eachother's eyes. Then she started walking and accidentally she pushed at a stone on the square floor and a trapdoor opened.
They went down and walked along. They saw skeletons, a lot of blood and some skulls. Then they saw a door half red and half white. Adeline put her eye in the keyhole to see what was on the other side. She looked but nothing was there. Then she opened the door and went inside.
After a short time they heard a noise. It was the Vampires!
The first to enter the room was Tirana. The Vampire Queen! The girl asked Tirana:
"Why did you kill my parents?"
Tirana thought for a moment and then said: " I killed your parents because I am a vampire and I need blood to live."
"But why my parents?"
"Because your parents had royal blood and so do you."
Adeline became so angry she started hitting the powerful queen. Then the man picked a pointed piece of wood and drove it to Tirana's heart.
Tirana, the vampire queen was dead. Then Adeline's parents appeared and told her that she must become the vampire queen now.
"But why me?"
"Because you have royal blood!"
"Ok, let's do it!" answered Adeline and then her parents hugged her. The man was very tired and frightened. Perplexed, Adeline wondered what will happen to the man.
The vampires let him free to go because he had helped her and they had become friends.
Once a year on the same day they meet at this square.

No comments: